What should i do with this 10g

CoryVang

What should i do with this 10g tank? I was thinking of a planted tank but idk how to do a planted tank. Like i know u need fertilizer and the right nutrients an lightning but what else? Can i use sand? Will black diamond blasting sand work because thats substrate im using rn? its the medium grain kind. Also i was thinking of adding shrimp and guppies but i also wanna breed guppys too

Attachments

• 16232829232094154592751453073469.jpg
    16232829232094154592751453073469.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 28

darkcat

I'm not a expert with planted tanks but your LFS can have a anubias with a heavy thing stucked on the bottom so it won't float. Same with Java ferns. You can put the sand over the heavy things.

Dan12boy

What should i do with this 10g tank? I was thinking of a planted tank but idk how to do a planted tank. Like i know u need fertilizer and the right nutrients an lightning but what else? Can i use sand? Will black diamond blasting sand work because thats substrate im using rn? its the medium grain kind. Also i was thinking of adding shrimp and guppies but i also wanna breed guppys too
Hi there! If you find planted tanks complicated and whatnot you could get plants that are easy to grow and don't require much work like java moss, duckweed, frogbit, anacharis elodea, water sprite, guppy grass. With these plants your substrate wouldn't matter much neither would your lighting, I'd say try to let it be plant specific lights rather than the basic leds but that isn't really a necessity. Liquid fertilizer would also be a plus, you could get the Aquarium co-op one, I've forgotten the name. You could add the guppies right away to help cycle the tank if it isn't, if it isn't you need to have knowledge on cycling so the fish stay safe. Once the plants have grown in a good amount you could then add the shrimp, maybe cherry shrimp. The guppies could breed in the tank then you could sell some when they get big or get another tank for them.

CoryVang

Hi there! If you find planted tanks complicated and whatnot you could get plants that are easy to grow and don't require much work like java moss, duckweed, frogbit, anacharis elodea, water sprite, guppy grass. With these plants your substrate wouldn't matter much neither would your lighting, I'd say try to let it be plant specific lights rather than the basic leds but that isn't really a necessity. Liquid fertilizer would also be a plus, you could get the Aquarium co-op one, I've forgotten the name. You could add the guppies right away to help cycle the tank if it isn't, if it isn't you need to have knowledge on cycling so the fish stay safe. Once the plants have grown in a good amount you could then add the shrimp, maybe cherry shrimp. The guppies could breed in the tank then you could sell some when they get big or get another tank for them.
Thank you for the plants that i can use. But yea the tank is still cycling and has been for about half a month now. And yes i was looking to breed the guppies.
I'm not a expert with planted tanks but your LFS can have a anubias with a heavy thing stucked on the bottom so it won't float. Same with Java ferns. You can put the sand over the heavy things.
I dont have a lfs lol but theres a store thats a mom and pop store but they only have a small variety of fish and supplies so idk if that counts.

darkcat

Same, I go to different petstore/fish store to get fish things.

CoryVang

Same, I go to different petstore/fish store to get fish things.
Lol all lfs are and hour and sometimes 2 gours away depending on which one i go to. Also i cant drive yet lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
JustAFishServant
Replies
Views
barbiespoodle
Replies
Views