What should I do with it? 40 Gallon Tank 

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a 40 gallon tank and I am trying to decide if I should do something with angels and other peaceful fish, or I was thinking a Lake Malawi cichlid setup. Which do you think I should do?

Suave

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i vote angelfish[:

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Go with the Angels or something similar. 40gal is really a bit too small for most rift lake cichlids. It can be done but it requires really carefull fish selection & very dilligent maintenance practices.

If it were me I would probably go wit the Angels & other peacefull fish or some Apistos with some Rainbows.

Suave

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Apistos and rainbows sounds good too! i wish i had that 40gal.
if you have a sudden need to get rid of it, ill take it;]

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nutter said:
Go with the Angels or something similar. 40gal is really a bit too small for most rift lake cichlids. It can be done but it requires really carefull fish selection & very dilligent maintenance practices.
That's what I was thinking. I was really leaning towards the angels anyway, but I thought the cichlids might be nice. I plan on setting up the tank this week, but it will be like till late July before I can add anything because I will be gone for 6 weeks in the summer and I don't want to add another tank someone will have to take care of for me. This will give the tank a good long time to establish, so that is good and it will give me something to look forward to!

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Suave said:
if you have a sudden need to get rid of it, ill take it;]
Sorry, but I don't think that will happen but I will keep it in mind ;D

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads