40 Gallon Tank What should I do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a 40 gallon tank and I am trying to decide if I should do something with angels and other peaceful fish, or I was thinking a Lake Malawi cichlid setup. Which do you think I should do?

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Go with the Angels or something similar. 40gal is really a bit too small for most rift lake cichlids. It can be done but it requires really carefull fish selection & very dilligent maintainance practices.

If it were me I would probably go wit the Angels & other peacefull fish or some Apistos with some Rainbows.

OP
NMfishman

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Go with the Angels or something similar. 40gal is really a bit too small for most rift lake cichlids. It can be done but it requires really carefull fish selection & very dilligent maintainance practices.
That's what I was thinking. I was really leaning towards the angels anyway, but I thought the cichlids might be nice. I plan on setting up the tank this week, but it will be like till late July before I can add anything because I will be gone for 6 weeks in the summer and I don't want to add another tank someone will have to take care of for me. This will give the tank a good long time to establish, so that is good and it will give me something to look forward to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 73 68.9%

Top Bottom