What Should I Breed

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score
**** I'm relatively new to fish keeping and the forum I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on what to breed and a little info. I have a ton of 20g's, but would like fish that breed fast, sell good, easy to care for I would like a lot of options so write your ideas down below, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Go with a high quality guppy like some of the moscows out there. they are easy to keep, breed fast, and usually you won't be turned away for selling them.

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Go with a high quality guppy like some of the moscows out there. they are easy to keep, breed fast, and usually you won't be turned away for selling them.
I know Moscow's can be a little expensive do you think its worth the investment?

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Guppies can have a new spawn every 4 weeks with an average of 40. Then guess that you will get 20% of selling price if you sell them to your lfs.

penguin02

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Guppies are definitely worth it. Each one will have babies about once a month, and they can have 20-30 babies that you can sell for 5-10 bucks when full grown.

GuppyGuy007

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, I do.
Think about it this way:
Quality pair, 50 bucks
Each pair has say 25 fry
Half survive
That makes 6 paird
They could probably sell for 30 bucks a pair
$180 monthly
Which is $2,600 yearly
This is all theoretical, but it could be your baseline of what to expect. You should also consider the cost of food, tanks, lights, and much else.

This is selling online/at auctions
A lot less selling to a fish store

Other high quality varieties include
English Lace
Mosaic Dumbo Ear
Full red album is
And many more...

Last edited by a moderator:

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Instead of the easy stuff think about the ones that are not bred in captivity yet like glass cats. You break the code on something like that and you will make a lot of money and make a lot of people very happy...It is only a matter of time before it happens, might as well be you

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom