What should I add? Question 

Schlemmer

Valued Member
Reaction score
My 90 has been set up for a year or more I have 5 rose line barbs 1 rainbow shark and 2 bumble bee catfish and 4 lemon tetra I have 6 more to add they are in quarantine. So I want to add some else maybe a big centerpiece fish or if I could do a school of neon tetras. I can move the bumble bees to a different tank so the can’t eat the neons. But I don’t know what I want to do.

Any suggestions I want ideas

jpm995

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tank looks good. I would go with a school of Cardinal Tetras rather then Neons, their more colorful and get a little larger. Also suggest moving heater behind driftwood to hide it. I would also suggest some inreresting fish like a loach [coolies, botia stratia or really any loach] Cory cats are a must for most tanks [get fancy ones like lazer orange]. Elephant noises are a great oddball and do well in a large tank. A few hatchets and an african butterfly to add some top of tank interest.

SuperD14

Valued Member
Reaction score
Schlemmer said:
My 90 has been set up for a year or more I have 5 rose line barbs 1 rainbow shark and 2 bumble bee catfish and 4 lemon tetra I have 6 more to add they are in quarantine. So I want to add some else maybe a big centerpiece fish or if I could do a school of neon tetras. I can move the bumble bees to a different tank so the can’t eat the neons. But I don’t know what I want to do.

Any suggestions I want ideas
I’m not sure if the nature of the rose line barbs however when I have kept large barbs in the past they killed my danios so I’m not sure the neons would do well with them.

Schlemmer

Valued Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks I will definitely move my heater.

I think the rose line would be fine I am only worried the rainbow will mess with them. I have other tank I could put them in if anything goes wrong

Schlemmer

Valued Member
Reaction score
But I think the rose line could easily run away and the rainbow is the boss of the tank. I don’t think he’ll have a problem

Nataku

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've kept tiger barbs with rainbow sharks before and they make a great combo. The rainbow shark has no problems telling tiger barbs off if they get nippy, and the tiger barbs in a sufficient group tend not to care about the rainbow shark anyhow. Roseline barbs are also fast enough to get away from tigers when they get pesky, or tell them off. I would put at least 10 tiger barbs in there as you want a good sized group to keep them focused on each other, and you've got a good sized tank so you have room.

Your biggest issue there may be the lemon tetras. I have found them in the past to be far more nippy than an adequately sized grouo of tiger barbs. There will likely be some initial group chasing between the two but they should acclimate within a week, especially if you've got plants and other decorations to break up line of sight and give them something to dart around.

Schlemmer

Valued Member
Reaction score
Alright grate I have 17 tiger barbs in my 55 and want to put them in the but didn’t know. I figured the rainbow would be a good fit he is the boss of the tank now. The rose line are fast enough I’m not worried about them

Schlemmer

Valued Member
Reaction score
jpm995 said:
Tank looks good. I would go with a school of Cardinal Tetras rather then Neons, their more colorful and get a little larger. Also suggest moving heater behind driftwood to hide it. I would also suggest some inreresting fish like a loach [coolies, botia stratia or really any loach] Cory cats are a must for most tanks [get fancy ones like lazer orange]. Elephant noises are a great oddball and do well in a large tank. A few hatchets and an african butterfly to add some top of tank interest.
I took ur advice the heat was a good idea. Idk y I can’t put a picture but I’ll try again tomorrow.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom