What should I add to my tank?

sulliG

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I currently have a male crowntail betta and a mystery snail, along with two live plants, and some hiding spots, but other than that its pretty empty.

I know bettas can only go with certain fish, so I was wondering what everyone would recommend?

Thank you so much!!

Danjamesdixon

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Welcome to Fishlore

By certain, I assume you mean none. Betta's should not be put with other fish. Especially in a tank as small as a 10gal. You have pretty much free range of inverts though, what about a colony of RCS?

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to FishLore! I hope you enjoy the site

nicole4434

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
you could try Ghost shrimp before RCS they are like 99 cents here compared to the RCS at 5.99 and if the betta eats them, then you know no shrimp but if hes good you can then try cherry shrimp, or just get more ghost shrimp, though with ghosties I recommend a dark substrate as otherwise you'll never see them

Cacret

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, personally as an experienced betta keeper, in a tank as small as ten gal, NONE . Not only is there not enough space for the other fish to run away from the betta(as I would recommend of u want fish tank mates with a betta) but there is not enough space for many. I have had ghost shrimps with my second male betta Gonda. ADFs, and many inverts excluding snails and shrimps will die. If you insist on fish, I have seen and kept ottos in a tank with my betta before

-Cacret, Dapper King with total dapper . I LOVE MY DOG AND BETTA lol

thefishdude277

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Bettas are a DEF NO NO in a tank.
I think it's already stocked now.
You can add a divider and put another betta on the other side

Gvilleguy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I had a 6.6 gallon with a crowntail betta, and he was very happy by himself. I had a tank emergency and ended up having to put four rasboras in the same tank with the betta for a couple of weeks. I had one very unhappy betta! He would chase the rasboras constantly for invading his home. It's tempting to think of livening up a betta tank with other types of fish or shrimp, but, from what I have seen, betta just do better on their own.

Cacret

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
pocket sized ninja said:
Depends on the betta. I have mine in with ADFs and he doesn't even notice them
Lucky!!!! Mine hates ADFs(which is weird cause he is ok with rams, barbs, fancy guppies, and tetras with him) He kills them cause they keep going to him

-Cacret, Dapper King with total dapper . I LOVE MY DOG AND BETTA lol

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom