What sex are my Pearl Gouramis?

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Dlondon95, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Dlondon95

Dlondon95Well Known MemberMember

I bought 2 pearl gouramis at the LFS today. They were the last two.

I've asked a few people how to sex them, but I'm just not sure about it. I THINK I may have 2 females, but I don't know.

What do you guys think?

IMG_2215.jpgIMG_2217.jpgIMG_2218.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pictures. My camera absolutely refuses to focus on anything in my tanks, so I had to use my phone.

2. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

They do look like two females, yes :) Very cute!

3. OP
    OP
    Dlondon95

Thanks!

When the store gets more I'll have to get a male so maybe I can get a breeding trio.

4. OP
    OP
    Dlondon95

Thanks!

When the store gets more I'll have to get a male so maybe I can get a breeding trio.

Hmmm. This is the second time it's made duplicate replies...

5. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Yeah, the new editor is kinda wonky sometimes lol It'll get fixed :)

That'd be cool! When I get my 55 gallon goldfish tank going, and then upgraded to a 75 gallon, I think I may need to make it into a tropical planted tank, with a group of these guys. They're very pretty =D

6. OP
    OP
    Dlondon95

That will be cool!

I can't wait until i get this tank all stocked and planted. Over the summer I'm going to turn it into an NPT. Then want to sell the angels and get some really nice ones. I don't really know what else to stock in it. Angels and pearls isn't really a lot. lol

7. I keep fish

I keep fishWell Known MemberMember

that way better than my phone camera

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice