What reptiles/amphibians would be good for....

Howeyg
well fun day today, I have accepted a 55 gallon free off of my mums friends boyfriend who doesn't have the time to keep it. In this tank I will put discus. Now in my garage I have a 26 gallon and 25 gallon free. I'm just wondering what would be good for either of these tanks in term of cool reptiles. the measurments on my 26 gallon are 36,12,14. just wondering I may not get reptile I might just use it as another fish tank

susitna-flower
FISH ! FISH ! You need lots more FISH! That lonly Cardinal Tetra needs about 12 or 13 buddies, to cruse with! The Cardinals and some lovely Cherry Red Shrimp in a planted tank would be a great combination!

Howeyg
well he is going to go in with the discus tank I'm planning on having along wit 9 or 10 buddies

Chief_waterchanger
Perhaps some of the smaller Skinks and Anoles.

MrWaxhead
FISH ! FISH ! You need lots more FISH! That lonly Cardinal Tetra needs about 12 or 13 buddies, to cruse with! The Cardinals and some lovely Cherry Red Shrimp in a planted tank would be a great combination!

I am so on that page, Cardinals love to have lots of buds to chill with, and they make a good mix with discus as both thrive in warm clean acidic water. And both look fantastic puttering around through a jungle of live plants.

If it was me I would build a overflow and set up both the 25 and 26s as wet dry trickle filters (stored underneath in a nice big homemade stand to showcase the 55g), allowing for a nice healthy full load of Cardinals and discus in the 55. As you would end up with a very nice healthy bacteria colony and 100+ gallons of water cycling through the 55

Would look stunning, that's what I am going to do when I finally finish up the 240g I am building. I am going to build a false wall so the face of the 8x2x2 240g will be flush and use a pair of 50 gallon tanks as wet drys stored under it and pack it full of Cardinals and a few Discus and plant it up.

MrWaxhead
Just let those lizards run free, they would enjoy looking at a tank full of Cards and Discus, more then being in a tank hehe

Howeyg
I am so on that page, Cardinals love to have lots of buds to chill with, and they make a good mix with discus as both thrive in warm clean acidic water. And both look fantastic puttering around through a jungle of live plants.

If it was me I would build a overflow and set up both the 25 and 26s as wet dry trickle filters (stored underneath in a nice big homemade stand to showcase the 55g), allowing for a nice healthy full load of Cardinals and discus in the 55. As you would end up with a very nice healthy bacteria colony and 100+ gallons of water cycling through the 55

Would look stunning, that's what I am going to do when I finally finish up the 240g I am building. I am going to build a false wall so the face of the 8x2x2 240g will be flush and use a pair of 50 gallon tanks as wet drys stored under it and pack it full of Cardinals and a few Discus and plant it up.

by a few discus what do you mean? you could have like 100 cardinals and 6 discus in 240 gallon tank that would be nuts

Callum The Cat
owww everyones getting discus I just can't wait to get some of my own

Peace Out Callum!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fishbro5
Replies
Views
Ziggythecat
Replies
Views