What plants will survive in Brackish water?

Neji

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello. I currently have amazon swords in my new tank that I have set up and for the moment it is a freshwater tank with NO fish and I added the swords in there just to get more oxygen to be in the water. It is a 55 gallon with T5 HO lights and I wanted to get some live plants that will survive in brackish water I don't know if there are many live plants that will survive in the brackish water since brackish is more saltier than freshwater Is there anything I can do? I know that for saltwater tanks, there are only corals and reefs that survive in salt water and if I were to leave my amazon swords in brackish water they might die wouldn't they?

Please help!

Thanks

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Swords are typically from the soft waters so they won't do at all well in brackish conditions.

Your more likely to have success with Jungle Val, Java Fern & Moss, Anacharis, Milfoil & certain Cryptocoryne species. I think Plantgeek would be a good place to search for plants suitable for brackish conditions.

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here's a link of the website Nutter mentioned

You can look under Plant Guide and find all kinds of sections to find good plants for your tank. Best of luck!

Neji

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Swords are typically from the soft waters so they won't do at all well in brackish conditions.

Your more likely to have success with Jungle Val, Java Fern & Moss, Anacharis, Milfoil & certain Cryptocoryne species. I think Plantgeek would be a good place to search for plants suitable for brackish conditions.
Oh good because I have a whole bunch of those in my other tanks Thanks!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom