What plants grow on driftwood, don't mind medium-high light, and aren't tall?

V1K

I have a big driftwood with moss on it, but I feel it's missing something on top, because all the moss makes it look flat. There are a couple of branches at the top, where I could tie some plants, but being so close to the surface would mean they'd get more intense light, whereas most of plants I know to grow on wood are low to medium light, like Anubias and ferns. What could grow there? Bucephalandra maybe?

sairving

I have a 3-gallon tank with a finnex fugeray planted plus clip. My anubias is attached to a piece of driftwood and has no problems whatsoever being in a high light environment. The light is only on 6 hours though. anything more than that and tons of algae will grow. I learned that the hard way.

Upvote 0

Chanyi

Buce is likely a good option. All the "slower growing" anubias / buce / java fern plants can tolerate very high lighting as long as CO2 and nutrients are looked after.

Upvote 0

V1K

Buce is likely a good option. All the "slower growing" anubias / buce / java fern plants can tolerate very high lighting as long as CO2 and nutrients are looked after.
I forgot to mention that the tank has no additional CO2.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BlackOsprey
  • Question
Replies
Views
shrimpyay
Replies
Views
INeedHelpLol