What Plants Can I Grow?

Aqua J

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi there,
Just wanted to know what plants I can grow in this lighting in my tank.
Its a 40 gallon.

8 x 1 Watt LED white light

Colour Parameters: Tc=6910K Dominant WL: Ed=488.5nm Purity=9.8%
Red Ratio: R=12.7% G=83.4% B=3.9% Peak WL;
Ep=447.2nm HWL: Ed=24.8nm

2 x 1 Watt LED Blue light
Colour Parameters: Tc=25000K Dominant WL: Ed=453.5nm Purity=98.8%
Red Ratio: R=1.6% G=9.1% B=89.3% Peak WL;
Ep=447.8nm HWL: Ed=20.1nm

Thank you

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok I’m confused are these individuals lamps or fixtures or the bulbs on a fixture? Can you post a picture? Is this a diy light fixture. The numbers you put up say tc 6900k and tc 25000k on a fixture that’s a lot of light but again I’m not sure what tc means.

Aqua J

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ok I’m confused are these individuals lamps or fixtures or the bulbs on a fixture? Can you post a picture? Is this a diy light fixture. The numbers you put up say tc 6900k and tc 25000k on a fixture that’s a lot of light but again I’m not sure what tc means.
It is all on the same fixture. It came with the tank.
Those are just the numbers that came with the tank.
IMG_4694.JPG

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If it came with the tank its probably only good for low light plants.

DaleM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Agree with the above. Usually stock LEDs only provide very low light, so anubias and some of the mosses. Elodea/anacharis and maybe water wisteria are an option, but would only grow slowly. Keep an eye on brown algae too as it enjoys low light conditions

Aqua J

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Agree with the above. Usually stock LEDs only provide very low light, so anubias and some of the mosses. Elodea/anacharis and maybe water wisteria are an option, but would only grow slowly. Keep an eye on brown algae too as it enjoys low light conditions
Well i do already have an anubias in there but thats it. I cut a piece of for my Betta tank and the one in my 40gallon exploded with growth after 1 week. So now i dont know haha

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes anubias is good in low light. Also java fern and moss will grow in low light. There ar3 others that may grow if you put them directly under the light. A cheap midrange light is the vivagrow 24/7 if you want to add lighting.

Ioana Dog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I couldn’t grow much in my 44 with that light so I got one on amazon pretty cheap and I’m growing Amazon’s with it really well

I couldn’t grow much in my 44 with that light so I got one on amazon pretty cheap and I’m growing Amazon’s with it really well
This is the light:

Honpal LED Aquarium Light with Extendable Brackets, White and Blue LEDs,Fish Tank Light For Fresh water and Salt Water

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom