What Plants Can I Grow With My Silver Dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Acedilla

Reaction score
Ok so I have 3 silver dollars that are pretty healthy and I want plants in my tank because I find them really beautiful. I know silver dollars are pretty notorious in eating plants but mine seem to be wierd. I've heard they don't mess with anubias so I got some anubias and they are them pretty quick. And I got hornwort too and they ate them in a couple months. You might say that seems pretty normal of them but the wierd thing is they don't seem to eat the Amazon swords. I have like 4 in my tank and recently I found my biggest one had 2 smaller Amazons sprouting from the main plant so now I got 6. From what I've heard, they'll eat them up quick because of how soft and easily torn they are but they only have nibbled a few time and completely stopped touching them....i wonder if anyone has the same experience with this kind of thing and somehow are able to grow plants they seem to eat....any recommendations?

FishGirl38

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Okay, well...yes, silver dollars are plant eaters, but its dependant on your fish, its possible they havent (tried) the swords yet, or its possible they have little interest in them.

Generally speaking, when you wanna add plants to a plant eaters tank, you wanna choose plants ther have thicker or coarser/rough leaves. Anubias and java ferns are good options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom