What Plants Can I Get?

1. FishFor2018

FishFor2018 Well Known Member Member

I have a ten gallon tank filtered tank with a low current, a steady temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit, 1 inch of gravel, Led light hood, and one male betta and was wondering what kind of plants can i have? The tank is next to a window and gets about 2 hours of sun on an average day. These would be my first time taking care of live plants, so i want some plants that are easy to grow and take care of. I'm planning on adding 4 neon tetras in about 2 weeks.
    Any And All Opinions Or Suggestions Are Appreciated!

edit: i'm getting zebra danios not neon tetras, sorry for the mistake

2. Fahn

Fahn Fishlore VIP Member

3. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

4. OP
    OP
    FishFor2018

could you suggest some schooling fish or just small fish that could go in the tank then? and thank for the plant suggestions!

5. 75g Discus Tank

I wouldn’t suggest any fish with a betta in a 10 gallon.

For tankmates though, you could have 5 ghost shrimp and 2 nerite snails,

6. OP
    OP
    FishFor2018

7. 75g Discus Tank

FYI, hornwort doesn’t grow roots so don’t plant it! It is a floating plant.

Also, the anubias and java fern have rhizomes. It looks like a green bar where the roots and leaves come from. The anubias should have a much thicker rhizome. Do not plant the rhizomes below the substrate as the plant will rot if you do. Attach the plants to some driftwood or a rock.

8. OP
    OP
    FishFor2018

okay thank you so much! that will help a lot since i have had an existing anubia right now and i also forgot to mention that i have 2 mysery snails in there right now, that wont be a problem for the plants...right?

9. 75g Discus Tank

The mysteries will be fine. If you have mysteries, I wouldn’t stock the tank any further. They are poop machines.