What plants are these? Help me identify!

Peaches1710

Hello everyone,
Was wondering if anyone could help me identify these plants. I have bought these on various occasions, the latest being today, and I have only found conflicting information online so was hoping someone with a bit more experience and knowledge could help me. The first 2 photos are of the one I bought today which I thoughts was some sort of sword but which did not have any label and the employee was completely clueless and clearly just there for a summer job. The next 2 photos are of a plant that I bought 6 weeks ago as a Crypt, although I don't know if this is true, nor which variety it may be. It looks the exact same as the one I got today though, which the pictures do not support. The leaf colour, shape, and texture is quite identical but I have noticed that the 'crypt' grows leaves from the centre and then blooms outwards where as the 'sword' I got today grows leaves straight out from the base if that makes sense. The next one is a sword that was sold as a Queen Marble that I got about 6 weeks ago and the next is also a sword from the same place that I bought as a Rose Sword. I then have another plant (last photo) I bought probably a year ago (I was a complete beginner to aquarium plants) as a small little plant. It thrived even in a 5 gallon with limited fertiliser, no special lighting and no CO2 and I have propagated it quite well. Any help, thoughts, feedback, and advice on the name of these plants is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20220129_192330.jpg
    IMG_20220129_192330.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220129_192337.jpg
    IMG_20220129_192337.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220129_192734.jpg
    IMG_20220129_192734.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20220129_192728.jpg
    IMG_20220129_192728.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20220129_192744.jpg
    IMG_20220129_192744.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20220129_192804.jpg
    IMG_20220129_192804.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20220129_193631.jpg
    IMG_20220129_193631.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 29

bcfishtanks

I agree that the first two look like some sort of broad-leafed sword. Not sure about the rest.

Rye3434

2nd to last is a crypt, last looks like pogostemon stellatus octopus or a hygrophila

Chiasmodon

Hello everyone,
Was wondering if anyone could help me identify these plants. I have bought these on various occasions, the latest being today, and I have only found conflicting information online so was hoping someone with a bit more experience and knowledge could help me. The first 2 photos are of the one I bought today which I thoughts was some sort of sword but which did not have any label and the employee was completely clueless and clearly just there for a summer job. The next 2 photos are of a plant that I bought 6 weeks ago as a Crypt, although I don't know if this is true, nor which variety it may be. It looks the exact same as the one I got today though, which the pictures do not support. The leaf colour, shape, and texture is quite identical but I have noticed that the 'crypt' grows leaves from the centre and then blooms outwards where as the 'sword' I got today grows leaves straight out from the base if that makes sense. The next one is a sword that was sold as a Queen Marble that I got about 6 weeks ago and the next is also a sword from the same place that I bought as a Rose Sword. I then have another plant (last photo) I bought probably a year ago (I was a complete beginner to aquarium plants) as a small little plant. It thrived even in a 5 gallon with limited fertiliser, no special lighting and no CO2 and I have propagated it quite well. Any help, thoughts, feedback, and advice on the name of these plants is greatly appreciated.
I think the first one is Echinodorus 'Ozelot Green. I have the same plant before but it died

ProudPapa

I think the first one is Echinodorus 'Ozelot Green. I have the same plant before but it died

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I have a couple of the green Ozelot swords also, and they definitely show more red pigmentation in the leaves than the pictures posted above.

Chiasmodon

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I have a couple of the green Ozelot swords also, and they definitely show more red pigmentation in the leaves than the pictures posted above.
Mine don't have a red pigmentation, it's pure green and most of my plants does not normally produce red pegmintation even though they can. It might be the lighting I'm using.

Random Great Thread!

New Plant Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom