What plant is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I seriously doubt that is a true aquatic plant.

I know for sure,it is NOT a fern.
It looks similar to the sword plants in he leaves, but the leaves on a sword plant all come from the base of the plant, not from branches.

Dino

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Dino, that's what I was thinking too. It sort of reminds me of the Amazon Sword plant, yet I know it's not. It really does not look like any true aquatic plant I know. Hmm ... Gwenz, the store should always have the scientific names of the plants they're selling. If your store didn't have the name of the plant, and it indeed doesn't look like an aquatic plant, maybe they're selling people ordinary plants under the pretext that they're aquatic?

P.S. Perhaps it is some variety of Echinodorus plant? It would be closest in appearance to that plant, if any at all.

OP
Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Somehow, Echinodorus rings a bell. Maybe they did have the names of the plants, and I'd look at it and not taken it in proparly. (I was unwell yesterday and wasn't taking things in proparly and not taking notice of things)

Thanks again

Gwenz

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry,but it is not Echinodorus.
That is the Latin for the sword plant family.
One of the classifications for being in that family is that leaves come from a base, not from branches.

Dino

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Somehow that doesn't look like an aquatic plant. I wouldn't be surprised if they were just trying to make money...I've heard of stores selling non-aquatic plants as aquatic ones. And of course she didn't know--or else didn't want to tell you--it's name. That looks nothing like a Java Fern.

OP
Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I think your right to say it not likely to be an aquatic plant because I came home yeterday to find it all floating around my tank. :-\ I ended up having to get it all out and throw it away. I've now put in the fake plant again.

Gwenz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Weekly

Votes: 44 65.7%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 12 17.9%

Top Bottom