What Plant Is This? Did I Get Scammed? Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Koiman, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Koiman

Koiman Valued Member Member

I ordered dwarf sag from eBay and I think I may have received jungle val, but I’m not sure. Some of the plants are dwarf sag size (3”-5”) but some are reaching a foot, maybe even a bit over and look like jungle val. Also the leaves seem to be as thick as the jungle val I have. I have had dwarf sag once before, but it was a lot smaller, then again it barely grew when I had it because I didn't know what conditions to provide. What plants are these?

2. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

Nope that looks like dwarf sag.
    Edit: You’ll just have to plant it and wait until it grows another of it’s own. It does kind of look like a smaller val.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  3. ghostlybosun

ghostlybosun Valued Member Member

Looks like val to me. just young

4. OP
    OP
    Koiman

That’s what I’m hesitant about, I spent $20 for this...

Should I contact the seller?

5. ghostlybosun

ghostlybosun Valued Member Member

How many plants did you get? I wouldn't pay $20 for any val Singularly but a bunch of them I would.

6. OP
    OP
    Koiman

I ordered 22+ dwarf sag (that was the number on the order), but only 20 arrived. I don't really care about the number that much, but rather that the plant doesn't look like dwarf sag.

7. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Looks like an onion plant to me.

8. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Look at when your first born verus now... see the difference? Hahaha from a little spurt to a full grown plant look completely different. Give it time

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice