What On Earth Is This!?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by PheonixKingZ, Apr 17, 2019 at 12:47 PM.

1. PheonixKingZWell Known MemberMember

image.jpgimage.jpg Hello all!! I have had this tank established for over 3 weeks,a nd plant to put a betta in it tomorrow, but when I look at it today.....this looked back at me!! What kind of black alien hair is this? Thanks in advance!! If you need more pictures, I’ll post them just ask!!

Tagged people: @Feohw @Thedudeiam94 @Smalltownfishfriend and @Fanatic .

P.S. Thesepeopel when tagged because they have been on my other thread, feel free to respond even if you where not tagged!!:)

2. PeteSteversWell Known MemberMember

You'd be amazed at the stuff that can grow during a nitrogen cycle. The more mature the tank gets, the less of this kind of stuff evolves. I'd wait to put fish in your aquarium until the cycle is complete.

3. SeasoldierWell Known MemberMember

Black brush algae, turn your lights off & cover the tank for a few days keep it in the dark & that will kill it or you can treat with seachem excel or metricide 14 but excluding it from light for a while usually does the trick.

4. PheonixKingZWell Known MemberMember

Ok, would draping a towel over the tank work?:)

5. SeasoldierWell Known MemberMember

Yep, anything that's going to keep the light out.

6. PheonixKingZWell Known MemberMember

Ok, I will do that, and you said it should be gone in 2-3 days? I am getting a betta fish for it next week, on Thursday, should it be gone by then? (That is 7 days FYI!):):)

7. SmalltownfishfriendWell Known MemberMember

It should disappear pretty quickly. It's probably because of the high ammonia levels and nitrate levels in your tank from the rotting fish food.

8. PheonixKingZWell Known MemberMember

Ok, make sense, anything else I can do, to it, besides putting a towel over it?:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice