What next ?

1. spdrbob Member Member

So far Spike , my Bolivian Ram, and my 5 red eye tetras are doing fine. The RET's are a little crazy , especially at feeding but Spike seems to handle them fine. Some times i think they think he one of them or visa versa. Wondering what to do next... I was thinking a dwarf guarmi but worry about one with Spike. Maybe an Angel ? After that I figure another schooling pack but wanted to one more ' center ' fish like Spike... Suggestions ??

Thanks all, :;hi2

2. spdrbob Member Member

What about a betta ? Think the RET's would bother him ?

3. josh7 Well Known Member Member

I would 3 or 4 red eye tetras just to make a bigger school and I would either add 7 kuhli loaches or 7 cory cats.

4. fighter55 Member Member

Agreed. For a betta it would have to be a female, which generally doesn't have much color. An Angel might be a little small for a 29, but could work. If you wanted another Ram you could try GBR's, Electric Blue's(which have really nice colors), Gold Rams, or another Bolivian. There are also apistos and kribs. A Dwarf Gourami I think would be fine with Spike, but you could also try a Honey Gourami. They are much more docile IMO.

5. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I would do like two honey gouramis personally

6. fighter55 Member Member

If I were going with Gouramis I would definitely choose honeys too.

7. spdrbob Member Member

Really 7-9 RET's , they are so crazy now , do you think more would mellow them ?

For the angel, I was thinking about growth size , small now but once he grows he would be fine.

8. spdrbob Member Member

I've always loved gouramis and would love to put them here. My LFS never seems to have the honeys, just dwarf , blue , kissing and sometimes orange, but all seem big to add two of them... Could I do one of the above ?

9. fighter55 Member Member

Dwarf Gouramis are the best to me out of those, and they only get to about 2". If you can't get honeys, get those.