What more could I add to my 29G, if any?

Jhawk117

Hi, I have thinking about adding a bit more fish to my 29G. What would I be allowed to get? I currently have:

x5 Serpae Tetras
x2 Angelfish
x2 Platys
x2 Swordtails
x1 Gourami

I was thinking of adding more schooling fish like Red-eye Tetras, or 2 more Platy's, or another gourami. I have a honey dwarf gourami in my tank, I was thinking of getting a neon dwarf because those ones are so pretty. If I went with the Red-eyes, how many could I get? Would I be able to get anymore or am I at my limit? All my fish fair well within my tank currently.

RedOnion

Hi, I have thinking about adding a bit more fish to my 29G. What would I be allowed to get? I currently have:

x5 Serpae Tetras
x2 Angelfish
x2 Platys
x2 Swordtails
x1 Gourami

I was thinking of adding more schooling fish like Red-eye Tetras, or 2 more Platy's, or another gourami. I have a honey dwarf gourami in my tank, I was thinking of getting a neon dwarf because those ones are so pretty. If I went with the Red-eyes, how many could I get? Would I be able to get anymore or am I at my limit? All my fish fair well within my tank currently.
Youre maxed out especially with those angelfish and gourami

Upvote 0

Jhawk117

Darn, really? Even in a 29? That's disappointing haha

Upvote 0

RedOnion

Darn, really? Even in a 29? That's disappointing haha
Yeah, it sucks but unless you rehome any fish you cant add any. But what you can do is get a bigger tank ;) Petco is having their tank sale again!

Upvote 0

Jhawk117

Yeah, it sucks but unless you rehome any fish you cant add any. But what you can do is get a bigger tank ;) Petco is having their tank sale again!
Yeah, I think I'll pass on that. A 29 is enough for me to take care of for now. I don't have room in my bedroom for any bigger size tank

Upvote 0

Ellebrius

I’m very sorry but you can’t have angelfish in a 29 gallon. Read the Angelfish Care article it will give you all the info you need on Angelfish.

Upvote 0

Jhawk117

I’m very sorry but you can’t have angelfish in a 29 gallon. Read the Angelfish Care article it will give you all the info you need on Angelfish.
I've read that you can keep Angelfish in a tank as small as 20G. What's wrong with a 29?

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

jees your a more than little over stocked aready

Upvote 0

Ellebrius

I've read that you can keep Angelfish in a tank as small as 20G. What's wrong with a 29?
The article says ideally they should be in a 50 or 60 gallon tank and never smaller than 40 gallons. Also they need a tall tank since they grow up to 5 or 6 inches tall.
Search the forum here for the Angelfish Care Guide You will get terrific info on Angelfish.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
Replies
Views
sailesh10115
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22