Question What media is this?

Athesham

Reaction score
HiI Guys,
Does any body know this media which I have got with Nautilus 2700lt canister filter. I have attached the photos in the attachment.

Just want to know how good is it compared to marinepure? What is it called as?

I have noodles in my filter already. Do u want me to add this products as well or what?

Please advice as there is no label on it.

Thank you,

Attachments

OP
A

Athesham

Reaction score
HiI
So u mean they will increase the PH of the tank, right?

Thanks

Inner10

Well Known
Reaction score
That's not crushed coral it's Aqua One CeramiSub biological media. It's similar to Seachem Matrix or lava rock. Use it, it works very well as biological media.

Crushed coral, which that is not, will raise your PH quickly to 7.6 then slowly to 8.2 and increase your KH a lot and your GH a little.

OP
A

Athesham

Reaction score
StarGirl15 said:
Yes it will.

Yes, u r right. That's what it is. Substrate, is what the guy said from whom I bought this filter.

I am planning to save this filter for Frontosa tank. Could u suggest what filter media to out in?

I have noodles, this substrate, 8 kilos of coral crished rocks, (they are like ting rock pieces, 4mm x 8mm approx sizes) and sponges. (Not too coarse 1cm blue sponge, coarse black 2cm sponge)

I do not want to spend too much on PH, GH buffers...I use Sodium bI carb for raising ph.

And Epsom salt for raising GH

Please guide.

Thank you very much StarGirl15.

StarGirl15

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Need to know what your parameters are and reasons for raising or lowering levels.

OP
A

Athesham

Reaction score
StarGirl15 said:
Need to know what your parameters are and reasons for raising or lowering levels.
My phis 8 to 8.2,
Gh I don't check as someone told.me.not to bother.

As frontosa like phfrom 8 to 8.6
Thanks

Inner10

Well Known
Reaction score
Athesham said:
Yes, u r right. That's what it is. Substrate, is what the guy said from whom I bought this filter.

I am planning to save this filter for Frontosa tank. Could u suggest what filter media to out in?

I have noodles, this substrate, 8 kilos of coral crished rocks, (they are like ting rock pieces, 4mm x 8mm approx sizes) and sponges. (Not too coarse 1cm blue sponge, coarse black 2cm sponge)

I do not want to spend too much on PH, GH buffers...I use Sodium bI carb for raising ph.

And Epsom salt for raising GH

Please guide.

Thank you very much StarGirl15.
It's not substrate but it could be used as substrate. It does the same thing as ceramic noodles. You probably have enough bio media in that filter with that big bag and the noodles. If you want more polish add filter pad or floss...but the filter is probably fine in its intended setup.

As for your water I wouldn't ever doctor it without first testing your parameters. That's like salting your dinner before taking a bite.

Test your GH and KH before anything.

New Threads