What looks like a blue GloFish, but isn't? 120 Gallon Tank

1. bassbonediva

bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

Okay, my boyfriend has decided that he wants blue GloFish in our new tank, but I am not a fan of danios. However, I want him to feel included in having the tank, so I'm trying to find a good compromise. At this point, I'm even willing to order whatever fish looks like a blue GloFish, just so I don't have to deal with danios. lol

Our new tank is a 4ft 120 gallon tank, so I'm thinking a school of 10 would work with everything else we want.

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I saw glo barbs at the fish store the other day.

I would get a school of dwarf neon rainbows.

3. OP
    OP
    bassbonediva

I saw those too. They were a neon yellow. Unfortunately, tiger barbs won't work in the setup we're making (peaceful community).

Neon dwarf rainbows might work. His favorite color is blue, which is pretty much the only reason he liked the blue GloFish.

ETA: Sweet! Found 12 dwarf neon rainbows on AquaBid for $41 shipped. However, I'll have to wait and probably add them second to last (add the neons last to make sure the tank is established), so hopefully there will be some for sale when I need them.

4. Jaysee

If you can get a little sunlight on the tank, they will brilliantly flash blue.

5. OP
    OP
    bassbonediva

The tank will be getting indirect sunlight where it's going. I'll have to show him the rainbows and see if he likes them. If not, maybe I can get away with doing the glofish in the 20gL and just do a small school. lol

6. Jaysee

There are also colombian tetras, which are bluish too. But they are nippy IME.

7. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

How about electric blue rams? They are very very blue <3