What kinds of fruits and vegies can/will mollies eat? Question

1. gbreeder88 Member Member

MY africans devour veggies so I was wondering if my mollies can or will?

2. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Mollies love their veggies; it should be the main part of the molly diet. :) I give mine fresh Zucchini, thawed peas without the shell, seaweed, and fresh squash. Just not all at once. lol. They love to pick at it and it helps them stay healthy and keep from bloating.

3. gbreeder88 Member Member

o what about lettuce?

4. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Hmmm, I've never tried lettuce, but it can't hurt. :)

5. Shadowbeam Member Member

I also have Mollies, so glad this came up. Gonna try feeding them peas too i think ;) Thanks for the advice :)

6. jana Member Member

My molies love cucumber.
    :animal0028:

7. Shadowbeam Member Member

When you give them cucumber do you cook it? Slice it up?
    Trying to get more ideas for feeding my fish.
    Got a variety of flakes, frozen food (e.g. bloodworms) etc

8. jana Member Member

Just cut it up into smaller bits and feed them with a tooth-pick. :)

9. Shadowbeam Member Member

With a toothpick? How cute! So i stick some on a toothpick and hold it in the tank?
    Can't wait to give it a go!

10. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Cut out and throw away the seeded part on any of the veggies. You can weigh the veggie down under a stone or decor, use a veggie clip, or use chop sticks. I prefer shoving it on a chopstick because the fishies have access to all sides and I can still weight down the end of the stick without covering any of the veggie. I try to avoid anything pokey. I used to use a toothpick to feed my bettas, but I was worried they'd poke themselves when jabbing at it, so I switched the blunter ended chopstick. :)

11. gbreeder88 Member Member

I read in a thread that if you boil romain lettuce so it gets soft then make tiny peices u can feed it to them so I did and they loved it but it does have to be TINY

12. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

:D Cute! I'll have to give it a try with mine. Glad you found something they like!