What Kind??

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was wondering what kind of Cichlids I can get with a 30 gallon tank that is 24" tall?? I love the electric yellow, but was told no-- so what can I have??
Thanks!

OP
genie

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My LFS only has generic "African Cichlids". They are all small (juvenile) but I can only identify the electric yellows. I don't know the others. The Oscar babies are separate. There are some blue ones and some "white" striped ones. Will they get too big? (probably can't tell w/ that description) I like the Bolivian Ram (I think that is what it is called), but LFS doesn't have them. I don't like angels-- I have heard bad things and I don't know-- they just don't "sing to me" like the Electric Yellows. It is a personal preference I guess.

Terry

Reaction score
30 gallon, 24" tall - how wide is it? Sounds like a 30 tall. Cichlids need some swimming room & territory space, not just tank depth.

OP
genie

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
21" wide, 13"deep, 24"tall. I think I have decided that I would like either blue rams or german gold rams, none of which are at any of the LFS.

aqua man130

Reaction score
blue acaras will go great especially with a breeding pair

they are buetiful smart and peaceful

I had 2 but one got killed by an oscar

or maybe keyhole cichlids they will go good with a blue acara cause they are closely related

New Threads