What Kind Of Worms Are These?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by BReefer97, Jul 18, 2017.

1. BReefer97

BReefer97Well Known MemberMember

I have small, white worms swimming around my tank as well as crawling on my glass. Parameters are the same as usual, 0,0,20. They've been in my tank for about 2 weeks now, I've done multiple water changes, I've vacuumed the sand, I've taken the sand out and rinsed it, I've even dosed with Prazipro with no success. They only seem to be growing in numbers. What kind of worms are these? Should I be worried about my betta? And how do I get rid of them regardless?

Attached Files:

2. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06Well Known MemberMember

does it look like planaria?

3. VioletSS

VioletSSValued MemberMember

I see similar every so often, usually after a feeding or stirring up substrate. I only see one or two wiggling in the water column.

I would try feeding less.

I personally think living things are just part of having a fish tank. It's not uncommon for other forms of life to be in a tank. Life finds a way.

4. OP
    OP
    BReefer97

It could be, but the pictures that came up for me appear to be way waaaay to large for what's in my tank. You could tell by the pictures that they literally just look like little nicks or scratches on my glass. Anything else it could possibly be?

5. OP
    OP
    BReefer97

As long as they don't harm my fish, plants, or overrun my tank - I don't mind them. I just want to make sure there isn't any risk with having them in my tank.

6. JesseMoreira06

This is how planaria starts

Attached Files:

7. OP
    OP
    BReefer97

Definitely looks like its planaria then. It's harmless, correct?

Do I just fast my betta for a few days in hopes that he'll eat the worms?

8. JesseMoreira06

It is harmless normaly planaria come when there's is alot of leftover waste by over feeding, with water changes and vacuuming they'll slowly go away.

Your Betta may decided to eat them but it's not guaranteed.

9. OP
    OP
    BReefer97

I've been doing daily water changes to try and get rid of the worms, but it's just getting worse and worse. I have these little white specs ALLLLLL over my glass now. They move around. As well as the planaria. I tried figuring out what they were a while ago, but no one really had any answers for me other than "possible water fleas." I don't know what to do and I'm getting so frustrated. They're literally all over now.

The second picture shows it best.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice