What kind of trout?

Fish4848

i know this isn’t a fishing forum, but does anyone know what kind of trout this is?
AF67AA37-AC85-40EF-9BCC-36B82B92D457.jpeg

Flyfisha

Well Known
Hi Fish4848,
A photo of the tail would help me .Knowing your approximate location might eliminate some species as well.
As an Aussie fisher person I am only familiar with browns, rainbows and brook trout. (plus restaurant cross breeds )
The definitive difference between brown and rainbow is spots on the tail. Until I see the tail my vote is brown . There are however a number of North American species I have never seen ,cut throats for example.

OP
Fish4848

Fish4848

Flyfisha said:
Hi Fish4848,
A photo of the tail would help me .Knowing your approximate location might eliminate some species as well.
As an Aussie fisher person I am only familiar with browns, rainbows and brook trout. (plus restaurant cross breeds )
The definitive difference between brown and rainbow is spots on the tail. Until I see the tail my vote is brown . There are however a number of North American species I have never seen ,cut throats for example.
i thought brown as well but all the other ones I caught had red spots as well as black spots. it definitely wasnt a rainbow, and I don’t think it was a brook trout.

New Threads