What Kind Of Tank Pals Can I Put With Salamanders?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Daniel13, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Daniel13Valued MemberMember

So I'm planning on building a 120 gallon paludarium for some salamanders and newts. I wanted to incorporate some fish for the in tanks "pond" portion . I have a 40 gallon with neon Tetras fancy guppies and wag tail sunsets platy's and was wondering if I could fill the water with them? The tank will be divided 50/50 so I'll have about 50-60 gallons of water for the fish to swim in.

2. Liz♡Gold

Liz♡GoldValued MemberMember

What kind of salamanders do you have? I personally wouldn't recommend it because some of your salamanders might eat your fish. Salamanders are hearty eaters!

3. OP
    OP
    D

Daniel13Valued MemberMember

I don't currently have any but looking for some that won't eat the fish any recommendations on which species won't harm the fish? Or if larger fish would be better?

4. Liz♡Gold

Liz♡GoldValued MemberMember

If you really want to try it then I would recommend larger peaceful fish. Nothing very aggressive or it might hurt your salamander. In all honesty though I would think about it. Salamanders make great pets, but I think they would be better off in a tank of their own. Unless you want to do a tank filled with axolotls, which are great pets as well!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice