What kind of sweets do you like for your birthday...

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yesterday was my sons birthday and today my son-in-law' birthday. Since neither one particularly likes cake this is what I did today.
the first is mysons plain chocolate-chocolate chip cookie and the second is son-in laws mixed cookie it has choco,peanut btter, yogurt chips, dried cranberries and raisins.

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ckae, my choice of flavor, from my aunt who does cakes.

dino

Mike

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I like those ice cream cakes. Yummy.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I liked Carvel ... until I discovered Cold Stone ice cream. Guys, seriously, if you have this creamery ("The Cold Stone Creamery" to be exact) anywhere near you, I URGE you to go and try the ice cream there! It's so addictive! Anytime I am near this creamery it's hard not to stop by! This is literally THE BEST ice cream in the world! They make it themselves, fresh, on the spot! They also make their own waffle bowls. Not only this. Listen to this now - they custom make it for you! They have a bunch of various additions and you choose what you want your ice cream with. Then they mix it all together ... the ice cream comes out so soft and just ... yuuuummmmmy! Just try it!

newbie101

Well Known
Reaction score
wow sounds good! there's one about half an hour away from my house but ive never been there.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
EMMA, YOU GOTTA GO THERE! YOU WON'T REGRET! ;D WHAT STATE ARE YOU IN?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

We are a pie family and I usually end up getting to make my own birthday pie. This is about the only cooking I do (baking). My favorite is Pecan Cream. It is a family recipe (my brother grows pecans) and really not like the traditional pecan pie at all. :-*

OP
Butterfly

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All sounds wonderful!!!
Carol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'd love to have the receipe for the cookies they look delicious! The cookie with everything sounds like my kind of cookie!! YUM!!!!! ;D

Rose

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Emma, once you're at Cold Stone Creamery, and if you generally like coffee and vanilla ice cream, you HAVE TO try these 2, exactly as I tell you to get them:

1) Coffee Ice Cream with pecans and graham crackers in a plain waffle bowl
2) French Vanilla (or regular vanilla) Ice Cream with roasted almonds, graham crackers, and bananas, also in a regular waffle bowl

* If you love caramel, you could add caramel to the vanilla ice cream (but not to the coffee - caramel somehow doesn't go with coffee). But I never add caramel since it makes everything way too sweet for me.

Bon Appetit !

newbie101

Well Known
Reaction score
oooo yum! now you have made my mouth water isabella. >
;D ;D
Isabella said:
EMMA, YOU GOTTA GO THERE! YOU WON'T REGRET! ;D WHAT STATE ARE YOU IN?
and I'm in MN.

OP
Butterfly

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Parvath said:
A TIRAMISU CAKE
HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......
What kind of cake is that. Sounds interesting
Carol

EmpPleco

Well Known
Reaction score
My fiancee is Italian and they eat tiramisu all the time -- I don't particulary care for tiramisu, but a lot of people would die for it!!!!!!!!!!

lol my favorite is cheesecake (the most unhealthy type of dessert, lol), and I also llllllllooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee brownies

Parvath

Reaction score
One of my friends bought a pack of "Caramel Toffee Scones(Archer Farms tiny treats)" hmmm they were soooo good. Try them

New Threads