What kind of sweets do you like for your birthday...

1. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Yesterday was my sons birthday and today my son-in-law' birthday. Since neither one particularly likes cake this is what I did today.
    the first is mysons plain chocolate-chocolate chip cookie and the second is son-in laws mixed cookie it has choco,peanut btter, yogurt chips, dried cranberries and raisins.

Attached Files:

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I always get a Carvel ice cream cake for birthdays. ;)

3. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Ckae, my choice of flavor, from my aunt who does cakes.

dino

4. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

I like those ice cream cakes. Yummy.

5. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

I liked Carvel ... until I discovered Cold Stone ice cream. Guys, seriously, if you have this creamery ("The Cold Stone Creamery" to be exact) anywhere near you, I URGE you to go and try the ice cream there! It's so addictive! Anytime I am near this creamery it's hard not to stop by! This is literally THE BEST ice cream in the world! They make it themselves, fresh, on the spot! They also make their own waffle bowls. Not only this. Listen to this now - they custom make it for you! They have a bunch of various additions and you choose what you want your ice cream with. Then they mix it all together ... the ice cream comes out so soft and just ... yuuuummmmmy! Just try it! :p

6. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

wow sounds good! there's one about half an hour away from my house but ive never been there.

7. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

EMMA, YOU GOTTA GO THERE! YOU WON'T REGRET! ;D WHAT STATE ARE YOU IN?

8. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

:D
    We are a pie family and I usually end up getting to make my own birthday pie. This is about the only cooking I do (baking). My favorite is Pecan Cream. It is a family recipe (my brother grows pecans) and really not like the traditional pecan pie at all. :-*

9. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

All sounds wonderful!!!
    Carol

10. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

I'd love to have the receipe for the cookies they look delicious! The cookie with everything sounds like my kind of cookie!! YUM!!!!! ;D

Rose :D :D :p

11. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Emma, once you're at Cold Stone Creamery, and if you generally like coffee and vanilla ice cream, you HAVE TO try these 2, exactly as I tell you to get them:

1) Coffee Ice Cream with pecans and graham crackers in a plain waffle bowl
    2) French Vanilla (or regular vanilla) Ice Cream with roasted almonds, graham crackers, and bananas, also in a regular waffle bowl

* If you love caramel, you could add caramel to the vanilla ice cream (but not to the coffee - caramel somehow doesn't go with coffee). But I never add caramel since it makes everything way too sweet for me.

Bon Appetit ! :p

12. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

oooo yum! now you have made my mouth water isabella. :mad:
    ;D ;D
    and im in MN.

13. Parvath Initiate Member

A TIRAMISU CAKE
    HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......

14. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

What kind of cake is that. Sounds interesting
    Carol

15. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

My fiancee is Italian and they eat tiramisu all the time -- i don't particulary care for tiramisu, but alot of people would die for it!!!!!!!!!!

lol my favorite is cheesecake (the most unhealthy type of dessert, lol), and i also llllllllooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee brownies :)

16. Parvath Initiate Member

One of my friends bought a pack of "Caramel Toffee Scones(Archer Farms tiny treats)" hmmm they were soooo good. Try them :)

17. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

germen chocolate

18. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

OMG my mom makes the most famous german chocolate cake ever! yumm yumm! :D

19. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

smae here