Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

What Kind Of Snails Are These?

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Homeslice, Jan 21, 2019.

1. HomesliceValued MemberMember

The big ones. I think they are mystery or apple, forgot what I ordered way back when. There are 3 in the tank - are they mail/female or all just one sex? Haven't seen any eggs (or new baby ones) yet. In that second picture I tried to leave some space above the water because I believe some snails crawl out to lay eggs in the water - does that look like enough space if they are indeed those types of snails? FYI that is a 29 gallon tank.

2. david1978Fishlore LegendMember

If you ordered them from out of state since about 2006 they would be mystery snails. You can't ship or transport apples across state lines. Well not legally. Lol
    And your pics didn't show up.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  3. Nikki2577Well Known MemberMember

I was like wow your good! Lol I mean I know you are but no pics..........:)

4. HomesliceValued MemberMember

Ack, here is the pics, sorry!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2019
  5. david1978Fishlore LegendMember

I was taking a lot of assumptions. I have been trying to get a couple apples for a few years now. I can't even order in crayfish.

6. Nikki2577Well Known MemberMember

I hope you took what I said as a joke. [ ]

7. HomesliceValued MemberMember

OK, got them recently so they must be mystery snails! I'll read up on them, thanks! I know there are mystery snails of all different "colors" are they all the same or close species so they can breed together? Or they are really different species so no interbreeding really possible? Was thinking about getting some more of different colors. Thanks!

8. Addie42Well Known MemberMember

sorry if this is off topic but where did you get that many moss balls from??

9. david1978Fishlore LegendMember

I like this guy he makes my head hurt. Lol

10. HomesliceValued MemberMember

Haha ebay and amazon over a pretty long time period, lots of different orders. They are very cool, but not that good at using up nitrates.

11. SkavatarWell Known MemberMember