What Kind Of Snails Are These?

Homeslice

Well Known
Reaction score
The big ones. I think they are mystery or apple, forgot what I ordered way back when. There are 3 in the tank - are they mail/female or all just one sex? Haven't seen any eggs (or new baby ones) yet. In that second picture I tried to leave some space above the water because I believe some snails crawl out to lay eggs in the water - does that look like enough space if they are indeed those types of snails? FYI that is a 29 gallon tank.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you ordered them from out of state since about 2006 they would be mystery snails. You can't ship or transport apples across state lines. Well not legally. Lol
And your pics didn't show up.

Nikki2577

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
david1978 said:
If you ordered them from out of state since about 2006 they would be mystery snails. You can't ship or transport apples across state lines. Well not legall. Lol
I was like wow your good! Lol I mean I know you are but no pics..........

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nikki2577 said:
I was like wow your good! Lol I mean I know you are but no pics..........
I was taking a lot of assumptions. I have been trying to get a couple apples for a few years now. I can't even order in crayfish.

Nikki2577

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
david1978 said:
I was taking a lot of assumptions. I have been trying to get a couple apples for a few years now. I can't even order in crayfish.
I hope you took what I said as a joke.

OP
H

Homeslice

Well Known
Reaction score
david1978 said:
If you ordered them from out of state since about 2006 they would be mystery snails. You can't ship or transport apples across state lines. Well not legally. Lol

OK, got them recently so they must be mystery snails! I'll read up on them, thanks! I know there are mystery snails of all different "colors" are they all the same or close species so they can breed together? Or they are really different species so no interbreeding really possible? Was thinking about getting some more of different colors. Thanks!

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I like this guy he makes my head hurt. Lol

OP
H

Homeslice

Well Known
Reaction score
Homeslice said:
OK, got them recently so they must be mystery snails! I'll read up on them, thanks! I know there are mystery snails of all different "colors" are they all the same or close species so they can breed together? Or they are really different species so no interbreeding really possible? Was thinking about getting some more of different colors. Thanks!

Haha ebay and amazon over a pretty long time period, lots of different orders. They are very cool, but not that good at using up nitrates.

New Threads