Help What Kind Of Snail Is This? Should I Keep It?

Tina881

Reaction score
I just found this snail in my 29Gallon Betta Community tank. he or she is a fast bugger. I don’t mind him but I just don’t want this tank getting of run by snails. Last time I stocked on my 29 gallon is was overrun by snails.

Attachments

fjh

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Looks like a bladder/pond snail to me. I would not advise keeping it unless you want quite a few more in your tank; they are prolific breeders and only require 1 to lay eggs. You will be overrun, especially if you overfeed at all.

OP
T

Tina881

Reaction score
Oh I am def taking him out then! Thank you!

fjh

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Tina881 said:
Oh I am def taking him out then! Thank you!
haha, you're welcome keep an eye out for any more - usually where there's one, there's going to be more hitchhikers. Also check your plants for any egg sacks he might have laid.

OP
T

Tina881

Reaction score
Thank you thank you! I found two in there tonight. I tried to remove any eggs from the plants. I will certainly keep an eye out. My yo-yo loaches in my 75 gallon enjoyed the snails very much. Thank you again for your fast reply.

fjh

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Tina881 said:
Thank you thank you! I found two in there tonight. I tried to remove any eggs from the plants. I will certainly keep an eye out. My yo-yo loaches in my 75 gallon enjoyed the snails very much. Thank you again for your fast reply.
no problem! If you do see a bunch of baby snails crawling around, it might be worth it to move a loach into that tank for a few weeks.

New Threads