What Kind Of Shrimp Is This?

Dorian

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Can someone identify what kind of shrimp is this? Is it a caridina green babaulti, neocaridina davidi, or what? Thank you.

Attachments

Kyleena696

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Picture quality isn't that great, but it looks like my snowball shrimp to me.

Edit:: Neocaridina cf. zhangjiajiensis var. white <- that's what google told me the scientific name was, since that's what you were asking for.

Dorian

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Here are two more pictures. The water is tainted by the indian almond leaces, but just to clarify, the shrimps have a slight green tint.

P.s. ignore the tiger shrimp in the picture, I already recognize them

Attachments

Kyleena696

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They don't look like snowball shrimp in those pictures, and if they're tinted green I'm going to say it was just the lighting of the first lol. Not sure what they are then o_O

Dorian

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Its difficult to show the color because I should use the flash, but it reflects on the glass...

Attachments

Kyleena696

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They look similar to some pictures I've seen of amanos, but I've never actually seen an amano in person. I honestly have no clue what they could be, I'm very interested though!

ambush0908

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That looks exactly like an Amano I bought recently. At least that is what the LFS sold it to me as. He is very active. I always see him cruising around tank.

Dorian

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I've had amanos and this is most probably not an amano, even though looks a lot like them...

Bithimala

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Weren't they supposed to be getting in neos?

Dorian

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Bithimala said:
Weren't they supposed to be getting in neos?
Yes, that's what they told me. Now they said that in May the RCS will grow and I can have them then. Guess I'll wait some more.

In the meantime I've lost only two in two days. Most of them are active and eating and if I switch on the light at night I can see them all around. Also you can see many babies from the barren female that released them yesterday. So I hope this time they will survive.

Kyleena696

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Dorian said:
Also you can see many babies from the barren female that released them yesterday.
Not that it really matters, but do you mean a berried female? Barren is usually used to mean someone/something is infertile.
Sorry, grammar/spelling/and proper word use is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Dorian

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Kyleena696 said:
Not that it really matters, but do you mean a berried female? Barren is usually used to mean someone/something is infertile.
Sorry, grammar/spelling/and proper word use is a huge pet peeve of mine.
Sorry, my mistake. I've used that word wrongly. What I meant is "gravid". One of the shrimps in the bag had eggs and she released them (the babies) the next day in the tank.

The Hun (Betta Girl)

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Dorian said:
Can someone identify what kind of shrimp is this? Is it a caridina green babaulti, neocaridina davidi, or what? Thank you.
They are so beautiful. Let us know if you figure out what they are! Thanks

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads