What kind of shrimp is this?

1. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

I picked one of these guys up in my LFS today along with two more RCS and two Amanos. I think it's a blue tiger? But very low grade maybe? It doesn't have the classic bright orange eyes so... any thought? What kind of shrimp is this little dude?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

Looks like a blue carbon rili to me, but I have limited experience with shrimp.

3. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

Flowingfins has it spot on, my few look similar to this one. They are real neat, I'm surpised you found one at a lfs!

4. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Agreed with Flowingfins, keep in mind this is the same species as cherry shrimp just a different color variant. Neocaridina davidi.

Don't mix colors of this species or they will breed together, the offspring go back to their natural grey color so eventually there won't be any colorful ones.

5. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Thanks Flowingfins !

6. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Alrighty ^_^ point taken. I'm adding the RCS to my 47Gal (there's already three in there) so I'll keep the blue boy in my Nano then. Hopefully I can find one or two more of these little guys. They are really beautiful!

7. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

No problem:)

8. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

I had no idea what kind of shrimp but he sure is pretty , I would have to name him Specs or Speckles for obvious reasons. I can't even find an amano shrimp at my fish store. feeder ghost shrimp only. BOO HISS. lucky you. Alison:;hi1

9. kingkoopa Initiate Member

Blue carbon rili