What kind of shrimp is this?

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by BlackNotebookTanks, Jun 8, 2016.

1. BlackNotebookTanks

BlackNotebookTanksWell Known MemberMember

I picked one of these guys up in my LFS today along with two more RCS and two Amanos. I think it's a blue tiger? But very low grade maybe? It doesn't have the classic bright orange eyes so... any thought? What kind of shrimp is this little dude?
    imageimage

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. Flowingfins

FlowingfinsFishlore VIPMember

Looks like a blue carbon rili to me, but I have limited experience with shrimp.

3. Mcasella

McasellaFishlore VIPMember

Flowingfins has it spot on, my few look similar to this one. They are real neat, I'm surpised you found one at a lfs!

4. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Agreed with Flowingfins, keep in mind this is the same species as cherry shrimp just a different color variant. Neocaridina davidi.

Don't mix colors of this species or they will breed together, the offspring go back to their natural grey color so eventually there won't be any colorful ones.

5. OP
    OP
    BlackNotebookTanks

Thanks Flowingfins !

6. OP
    OP
    BlackNotebookTanks

Alrighty ^_^ point taken. I'm adding the RCS to my 47Gal (there's already three in there) so I'll keep the blue boy in my Nano then. Hopefully I can find one or two more of these little guys. They are really beautiful!

7. Flowingfins

FlowingfinsFishlore VIPMember

No problem:)

8. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

I had no idea what kind of shrimp but he sure is pretty , I would have to name him Specs or Speckles for obvious reasons. I can't even find an amano shrimp at my fish store. feeder ghost shrimp only. BOO HISS. lucky you. Alison:;hi1

9. kingkoopaNew MemberMember

Blue carbon rili

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice