What kind of Shrimp Could Live in a 1.5g Cold Water Tank?

KristenLD

Hi, I have this 1.5g tank that's been sitting around for about a year now and I kinda want to do something with it. I'd like to do some sort of shrimp, but I don't know what kind I could put in there. It would be very lightly planted and around 68 degrees F (around 75-79 in the summer). I want something more colorful and smallish. Is there anything I could put in there?

Blacksheep1

Neocaradinia , like cherries etc , sound pretty good for this set up depending on your water parameters. Are you planning to filter ? If not I’d heavily plant. If so then all good. Just let it mature before adding them

KristenLD

Neocaradinia , like cherries etc , sound pretty good for this set up depending on your water parameters. Are you planning to filter ? If not I’d heavily plant. If so then all good. Just let it mature before adding them
I do plan on filtering, but it is an internal filter, not a sponge. Would it still work if I put some sponge over the intake and output?

Blacksheep1

Sure will ! I have an internal filter too, although sponge filters are ideal to graze internal still work

richiep

You say75-79 summer temperatures id be a little concerned on what they may drop to in the winter in Canada

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Suzanne2
  • Question
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
Gourami36
Replies