What kind of sand should use for betta and kuhli loaches?

Nourhanateout22

Hello! I currently have betta and khuli loaches (in quarantine before introducing to betta). My plan was to purchase "topfin fine gravel" it is very sand like. Unfortunately lots of customers at LFS said the product reeked of a chemical smell and of nail polish! So now I'm back to square one, I will be returning this product, it's a good thing I delayed my substrate change and didn't use the sand! My question is what brand of sand do you guys use thats safe for bettas/loaches. Thank you :)

MyFishAddiction

For my betta I just use play sand, cuz it's cheap. You just have to rinse it really good in a bucket. Or you can do more expensive aquarium sand.

Nourhanateout22

For my betta I just use play sand, cuz it's cheap. You just have to rinse it really good in a bucket. Or you can do more expensive aquarium sand.
Okay I'm scared to use topfin now. They used to have really good substrate, then they went out of stock for four months and restocked with dinged down quality. I'm currently looking on petco website and it looks promising

Aaronious

play sand or pool filter sand. Both are cheap from hardware store. I like pool filter sand my self. If you want black, there are some aquarium specific brands that are pricey. I haven't looked into it, but I have seen black blasting sand mentioned before.

Side note, I like the way black looks, it can really make colors pop. Maybe look up other bettas with the same colors and see how they look on different backgrounds if you can find it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MigRic
Replies
Views
Aqua 59
  • Question
Replies
Views
Gameynerd23
Replies