What kind of pleco do I have?

Chantal82

I was looking fo an algae eater, a small pleco for my 30 gallon live-bearer tank mollies, platies, swordtail, and panda corydora. However I fear now I was sold a pleco that will get much bigger then my tank. I do have another bigger tank of 70 gallons that's gunna be set up any day now, I know it needs to cycle and be running for while prior to a pleco being added, But if he is a common pleco how long do I have before he or she will need the bigger tank? If anyone can help identify this type of pleco would be greatly appreciated.

MissNoodle

Yeah that's a common. Will need a tank more than 200g. 70g is still too small unfortunately

See if the store will exchange for a bristlenose or rubberlip? Even a clown, providing he has driftwood.

Chantal82

Thank you and I will see if the store will take him back for a much smaller 1 only I prefer no bigger then 5"-8". In the event they will not take back how long
Yeah that's a common. Will need a tank more than 200g. 70g is still too small unfortunately

See if the store will exchange for a bristlenose or rubberlip? Even a clown, providing he has driftwood.

Thank you and I will see if the store will take him back for a much smaller 1. I prefer no bigger then 5"-8". In the event they will not take back how long do I have before needing a 200gallon? And is there a type of pleco you would recommend in a 30 gallon live-bearer tank.

Dennis57

You can put in a bristlenose pleco, pitbull pleco, clown pleco, Just make sure you have drift wood inside the tank.

Common plecos live 15-20 years and takes time if there babies to out grow a 30 gallon tank, but I would still exchange him for something else.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views
chromedome52
Replies
Views
hampalong
Replies
Views