what kind of pleco do i have???

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by skippi, Apr 5, 2006.

1. skippiValued MemberMember

Does anyone know what kind of pleco this is???

Attached Files:

2. PaulNew MemberMember

Not much help i know .......but i have a common plec and he is not that spotty, i also have a gold spot plec that is a lot lighter in colour ........so i spose you can rule those two out .....

3. OP
    OP
    s

skippiValued MemberMember

Thanks paul.  I saw a gold nugget at a fish store and they were calling it an orange something pleco.. I thought that was funny have never found a site that included one of those names..

Does anyone have any ideas about what plecos would do good in my tank. Is one enough or do I need another one??
    Please advise me am still trying to get the knack of this.

4. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I don't know what kind he is, but I would stick with one. Plecos get really big and I think they are territorial too. If you need more algae eaters, you could try some Otos. ;)

5. atmmachine816

atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Maybe if you got us a better picture I can help but I would probably say from that angle a common but there are tons of plecos you could get in your tank, if you want a list of some PM me and I will send you a list.

Austin

6. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

looks like my common but it seams that their are about 300+ diffrent types

7. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Go to the Planet Catfish site and start looking.  That is a great place to find out the specs on each pleco and what their specific needs are.  You can also double check on yours to make sure you know exactly what species you have.   ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice