What kind of plastic box to buy for betta fry?

bettasXD

Hi, I am looking to buy some plastic(or glass) boxes/containers for male betta fry. Any recommendations? I need it to be as cheap as possible. I also want them to be at least 1.5g each. I will have some 5g or 10g divided tanks but I want to have some extra containers just in case I don’t have enough space.
This is going to be my first time so I will be expecting 30-40 fry. I have asked my friend and when she breed bettas, she got around 40. I will put the female in a sorority tank. Is a 30g heavily planted tank big enough for around 20 female? I will have to keep them together or in small containers as I won’t have enough space for all if I put them in separate tanks. I should be able to keep the aggressive females separately though.

BigManAquatics

I would try something like deli containers. Something like these, maybe. You can get them cheaper, i was just using this as an example.

Screenshot_20220119-070956_Amazon Shopping.jpg

bettasXD

I would try something like deli containers. Something like these, maybe. You can get them cheaper, i was just using this as an example.

Screenshot_20220119-070956_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Thanks! I was searching plastic containers and none really works. Do you think around 20 females will be fine in a 30g sorority? I will remove the bully if one fish bullies the others. Do I need a bigger tank?

BigManAquatics

Really not sure with fry. Generally i avoid sororities like the plague with adults.

bettasXD

Really not sure with fry. Generally i avoid sororities like the plague with adults.
So I should try and keep the females in their own tanks?

BigManAquatics

Me i would probably keep them all seperate until you sell them or whatever after a certain point. Err on the side of caution. I don't know if that wpuld be a certain size or certain behaviors exhibited, though.

bettasXD

Me i would probably keep them all seperate until you sell them or whatever after a certain point. Err on the side of caution. I don't know if that wpuld be a certain size or certain behaviors exhibited, though.
I am not selling. I am keeping all of them and maybe giving some to friends.

ForBettaorForWorse

Really? Do you have the fry so you know how many there are? because I know that batchs can have hundreds of fry, and that is a lot of fish...

bettasXD

Really? Do you have the fry so you know how many there are? because I know that batchs can have hundreds of fry, and that is a lot of fish...
I asked all my friends who have breed bettas and they all got around 30-40 bettas for the first spawn. Don’t think I will be getting hundreds for my first spawn, will I?

BETTASCAPESUK

I got these. A set of 12 2L jars costs under 30 GBP for me and I got 24 in total and hoping I wont have more males than that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-144328_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220120-144328_eBay.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 3

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BlackSkirtTetra
  • Question
Replies
Views
A201