What kind of peacocks are these?

1. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

I saw these at the LFS today and depending on what type they are, I might get a couple and try to breed them.

[​IMG]

Any idea what types they are? I really like the blue ones.

2. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

the blue ones are Aulonocara nyassae (blue peacock), red with blue are red peacock Aulonocara something

3. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Hi,

Most likely they are hybrids but it is possible that they are pure bred Peacocks. The blue guy with the white top fin looks like a Blue Peacock (Aulonocara nyassae). The orangish ones look like Red Shoulder Peacocks (Aulonocara hansbaenschi). The blue one with the yellow lined fin looks similar to a Lwanda Peacock (Aulonocara sp. Lwanda)

Aulonocara something?? :;laughing Just pokin' at you haha.

4. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

haha its ok i can take it.

You have never heard of Aulonocara something? its a new bread! check them out there pretty cool!

5. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Thanks guys. Do you think if I get some of the blue ones, and they are hybrids, the fry will sell for much?

Edit: Okay, scratch that idea. If I get some, I'm gonna get them online so I know they are not hybrids.

6. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Haha no problem. Which ones are you looking at online?
    A new type of bread!?!? Does it taste good :giggle:?

7. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

I'm not really looking to buy any online right now. I just figured if the pet store ones were good ones, I'd get some.

I'm not getting any more fish till I get some German Blue Rams!!! Maybe if I keep saying that, it will come true :whistling:

8. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

:;laughing I know what you mean! I almost bought some Rams yesterday but then I reminded myself that my Kribs were arriving today ;).

9. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Haha. I just have to hold out for another 2 months. I'm heading out to Omaha, Nebraska in June and I plan to take a couple styro boxes with me. They have a store call "Fish Freaks" and I'm already twitching thinking about it. :pokey:

10. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Sounds amazing. Check list for you is: Full wallet + credit/debit card, cell phone, camera, and boxes lol. With all that you should be good for everything. Don't forget the camera part lol!

11. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Lol. We will be there for about a week (mom is visiting a friend) so I think I'll go scope it out the first or second day, report back to fishlore with pics and for opinions, then get the fish the last day before we leave.

The store specializes in cichlids, so I'm hoping to find some really cool fish.

12. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Sounds like a whole lot of fun :)

13. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

Yes! bread! haha breed* my bad

14. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Hahaha that's okay, I told someone that Sparkling Rasboras would look great in their tank but I really meant Sparkling Gouramis LOL :;laughing. I was having a senile moment ;)

15. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

Yes i saw that one haha

16. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Electric Blue Cichlid

The only one I know for sure is the Blue or Electric Blue Peacock, since I have one the rest are I assume what the earlier people posted.:;drum