What kind of moss is this?

Adam510

Hey I just bought this moss at my LFS, he said he didn’t know what type of moss it is.
I know some subwassertang is in there but not much.

TheFishFella

I want to say Java moss but I could be wrong haha. I’m not the best at identifying moss.

Adam510

I want to say Java moss but I could be wrong haha. I’m not the best at identifying moss.
I’m leaning that way but I almost thought maybe Christmas moss so I just want to know cause it could change how I plant it. Thank you tho!

MEMO

I think this is Christmas Moss. Christmas moss grown in 'low tech' conditions looks like this.
The fact that there is also subswassertang (another 'low tech frndly' plant) supports this idea lol

Adam510

I think this is Christmas Moss. Christmas moss grown in 'low tech' conditions looks like this.
The fact that there is also subswassertang (another 'low tech frndly' plant) supports this idea lol
Okay I want to plant it on driftwood that’s in a tree shape, how should I plant it?

MEMO

Okay I want to plant it on driftwood that’s in a tree shape, how should I plant it?
Send a pic of the wood lemme see

Adam510

Send a pic of the wood lemme see
Going to be having it standing up using the base on the bottom

MEMO

Going to be having it standing up using the base on the bottom
Use aquascaping glue on broader portions. U can use nylon string to tie on narrow branches or simply glue it.

Adam510

Use aquascaping glue on broader portions. U can use nylon string to tie on narrow branches or simply glue it.
Okay thanks, will any type of glue work or what type should I make sure not to use

Zach72202

Its not java moss. I can assure you that. Java moss is very stringy.

Most likely is christmas moss, but without seeing how it grows underwater its pretty hard. It might be flame moss too, but I still think christmas.

MEMO

Okay thanks, will any type of glue work or what type should I make sure not to use
No no do not use any glue u find. Aquascaping glues are available in the market. In case u r not able to find it u can use super glue. But in my experience Aquascaping glue is best

Adam510

Its not java moss. I can assure you that. Java moss is very stringy.

Most likely is christmas moss, but without seeing how it grows underwater its pretty hard. It might be flame moss too, but I still think christmas.
Okay Ill make sure to update the thread when I have it planted. Thanks
No no do not use any glue u find. Aquascaping glues are available in the market. In case u r not able to find it u can use super glue. But in my experience Aquascaping glue is best
Okay I’ll try my best to find the aquascaping glue, idk if they’ll sell it anywhere in my city though

MEMO

Okay Ill make sure to update the thread when I have it planted. Thanks

Okay I’ll try my best to find the aquascaping glue, idk if they’ll sell it anywhere in my city though
Go online

bored411

Fluval has glue for plants that you can get online. Petco also sells it I believe. Just look for aquarium plant glue.

yukondog

I've been using just supper glue for yrs. [never any problems] it's cheap and it works.

Zach72202

Going to be honest, look at 'aquascaping glue' and if it says "cyanoacrylate" in the ingredients, its over-expensive glorified superglue. Superglue has cyanoacrylate in it.

So yeah, go buy yourself some normal gel superglue from Dollar General (because we all know they are on every corner now) and save yourself $10 lol.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Mudminnow
Replies
Views
Rye3434
Replies
Views
Adam510
Replies