What kind of Moss is this? Its growing on a piece of wood and I decided to put it in my Aquarium but cannot identify it.

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Was this found in a body of water, or on land? Some terrestrial mosses will adapt but many will turn brown and die.

Unfortunately I am not an expert at identifying terrestrial plants. I use terrestrial mosses in some of my aquascapes (grown emersed attached to wood) but I couldn't tell you what they are.

OP
Hudson

Hudson

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Fahn said:
Was this found in a body of water, or on land? Some terrestrial mosses will adapt but many will turn brown and die.

Unfortunately I am not an expert at identifying terrestrial plants. I use terrestrial mosses in some of my aquascapes (grown emersed attached to wood) but I couldn't tell you what they are.
I found it halfway under water in freshwater

Jack B Nimble

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've tried many mosses and my guess it's a land moss depending where you live. They tend to grow long like java moss and seem to get a lot of algea.

OP
Hudson

Hudson

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Jack B Nimble said:
I've tried many mosses and my guess it's a land moss depending where you live. They tend to grow long like java moss and seem to get a lot of algea.
What do you mean it seems to get a lot of algae? You mean it causes algae to grow?

New Threads