What kind of guppy is he?

1. Koniucha

Koniucha Valued Member Member

He has a silvery/light bluish body and dark blue tail

[​IMG]

2. Aster

Aster Well Known Member Member

Either a HB (half-black) or moscow. I'm leaning more towards HB because moscows typically have full body colorage and are pretty rare.

3. OP
    OP
    Koniucha

Here is another one, but they sure are uncooperative for pictures

[​IMG]

He is so pretty. His name is Domino

4. Aster

Hard to say for sure but I'm still thinking HB. Unless he has a pattern on his tail?

5. OP
    OP
    Koniucha

No pattern. HB looks right top me

6. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

Yeah, looks like a HB, but that stripe on it's tail in the first picture throws me off, btw, he looks like a female to me.

7. Protim Sarkar

Protim Sarkar Well Known Member Member

8. Aster

I was thinking the same thing at first, he does look like he has a gravid spot but his finnage is too long for a female IMO. And if you look closely you can see what looks like a gonodium. I'm thinking the "spot" is probably part of his coloration.

9. Five 97

Well, not trying to contradict you, but I've seen females with tails as just as long before, and it's also quite rare for males to have a single darker spot on the abdomen, but Yeah, I can kind of make out that gonopodium as well....
    *a close-up picture of it's side would confirm, though.

10. Lucky Guppy

Lucky Guppy Valued Member Member

11. OP
    OP
    Koniucha

He has a bottom fin like the second picture. Better be a boy lol. Plus I have three other males and they seem eh about him. I would think if he was a she, it would be madness in that tank

12. Lucky Guppy

Probably a young male then which would explain the slightly longer tail than a female, it was hard to tell as his Gonopodium "penis" isn't clearly visible due to resolution of the picture and his low dorsal fin also how his coloration is similar to a females coverage of mainly the tail and dorsal fin.
    What fine colors does it have that aren't visible from the picture?

13. OP
    OP
    Koniucha

He just has a silvery body with a dark blue tail and top fin. And that spot on his body.

14. Five 97

Just to clarify, since I can't really see any anal fin in the 2nd picture, is it triangular in shaped and fanned out, or does it look shriveled up and kind of pointy?
    and it isn't a blue moscow, the coloring is different :)

15. Lucky Guppy

Ok :) whether it is male or female is irrelevant now, If you say the color of the body is silver front and part black at the end with a dark blue tail, then it is what you would call a (Half Black blue guppy or.. a Blue Tuxedo guppy)
    Although a "true" Tuxedo or HB has the Black color Half way to three quater the way up the back of the body.

HB Blue
    http://www.guppywest.com/HBBlueStan1.jpg

This one even uses the two names as one
    HB Blue Tuxedo
    https://saleguppy.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/52b10-hb2bblue2btuxedo2bguppy.jpg

Even if you knew the lineage to be from line Blue Moscow,
    due to its coloration it would have to be a cross to another line possibly a plain silver or silver type guppy.
    http://c8.alamy.com/comp/EBKTX7/gup...es-reticulatus-lebistes-reticulata-EBKTX7.jpg

So at the end of the day this would be the most appropriate conclusion as to what you would call that specific guppy if it is indeed a male :
    "Silver Blue x HB Blue"or"Silver Blue x Blue Tuxedo" or "Silver Blue x HB Blue Tuxedo"
    NB. a "Blue Moscow x silver or Silver Blue" could give you a possible equivalent of a "HB Blue Tuxedo" and even one with a lower quantity of black like yours.

On the chance that it is a female it could be a equal chance of these given if you don't have prior knowledge of the lineage.
    1. a female of the males mentioned above "Female-silver blue x HB Blue Tuxedo" etc..
    2. a female HB Blue Tuxedo.
    NB. if it is Female it would not be a pure Blue Moscow because it has silver on it.

16. OP
    OP
    Koniucha

It is more shriveled and pointy. I saw him messing with it yesterday haha

17. OP
    OP
    Koniucha

Well, I bought him at Petco, so I know nothing about him except he is a cutie

18. Lucky Guppy

lol I guess call it a cutie breed then :;banamanor a Blue Cutie.:anim_63:

19. Five 97

Alright then, male he is. Lol

20. OP
    OP
    Koniucha

So he is definitely most like the third picture you have there.