What kind of fish?

1. d

devlin85 New Member Member

I've had this fish for a few years now, it was sold to me with a couple of bala sharks when it was a baby. Clearly it's not a bala or even a tetra, it seems to be more of a pleco/ in the catfish family. It only seems to eat algae chips and pick through the rocks, he also seems to breathe/filter feed. But he doesn't suction feed like most plecos. He will randomly eat when I feed the other fish in the tank, but mostly he's just chasing them around. Def will eat live bait and small fish as well. He's just shy of a foot in length now too.. I think he's maxed out as he hasn't grown in quite some time now.

Any ideas on what this is?

2. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Hello, I've moved your thread to the Fish ID help section of the forum. Welcome!

3. hampalong

hampalong Well Known Member Member

That's a Black Shark. You don't see them much these days because they grow very big (2ft+) and usually get vicious as they mature, killing everything in any tank they're put into.

If its not killing things you're very lucky, but it does really need a huge tank.

4. OP
    OP
    d

devlin85 New Member Member

sweet, thank you!!! Yeah, if it's little it's dead, so the only small things I put in there are feeders. It seems to leave all the other medium sized fish alone :) It's just with a couple cichlids right now.