What Kind Of Fish Is This?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by AndyVE, Apr 23, 2018.

1. AndyVEValued MemberMember

Am hoping someone can help me out identifying it: 5DC0829A-395D-41F9-8E6A-EE29A6EE5C52.jpeg store was using some kind of “mini gourami” name, but do not seem to find it when googling.

2. DarkOneFishlore VIPMember

3. FriarThomasIIIWell Known MemberMember

Serpae, also known as red minor tetra. They need about 5 in a school, but more is always better

4. AndyVEValued MemberMember

Thanks all!

5. Little JohnValued MemberMember

They look cool.

6. DuaneVWell Known MemberMember

Definitely a young Serpae Tetra. They are a neat fish, we have a bunch of them. Sometimes the pet shop has a bunch of fish names on a tank and you might not get exactly what they have listed. Our local shop has up to 10 names on a tank, but sometimes only 3 species in it. Definitely make sure youre getting what you ask for, the price can be a big difference between species but also, you dont want to buy a common pleco on accident when you think youre getting a clown pleco. HUUUUUUUGE difference.

7. AndyVEValued MemberMember

Usually i know already what i want and how it looks like. In most cases even will look up how to tell the difference between male and female.

But this time it was a spurr of the moment thing since it was the first time in i saw them there...