What Kind Of Fish Food Do You Use?

1. arik wenzel Member Member

As it states im curious on to what fish foods you all use i prefer dry foods but looking for recommendations on some high quality ones you guys use

2. Bettanewb Well Known Member Member

For fish variety is the spice of life. Frozen foods are great for them as well. In terms of pellet foods I feed northfin as well as omega one.

3. halljo222 Member Member

I use a range of food including dry and frozen

Hikari Micro-pellets
    Frozen Bloodworms
    API tropical Flake Food

4. Punkin Well Known Member Member

I used a mix of crushed New Life Spectrum pellets and Aqueon flakes for my tetras. The cories get whole NLS pellets. As a treat, they will occasionally get thawed bloodworms and crushed Omega One shrimp pellets ( I have to crush them because I have a piggy tetra who likes to hoard food and I am afraid she will choke on a piece too big). :)

5. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I use a variety of Omega One flakes and pellets, Kensfish flakes and pellets, frozen foods, and live foods.

6. Dandelion-Dream Member Member

I have sinking pellets, regular pellets, regular granules, and flakes in my inventory. I normally feed the Hikari sinking pellets on most days.

7. xapoc Member Member

I've recently added blood worms to my fish diet and at first few feedings it was slow to accept, now even the smaller fish stab at it.
    my angels dont eat small flake food, they like large flakes or large anything.

My blue rams they will eat anything and I mean anything other than poop, my fave. fish next to angels
    All other fish so far don't care. But so far blood worms are #1 meal

8. jmaldo Well Known Member Member

A variety of foods:
    New Life Spectrum Flakes and Betta Pellets
    Hikari Bloodworms, Brine Shrimp , Algae and Sinking pellets
    Frozen Bloodworms and Brine Shrimp
    Home grown live brine shrimp
    and Vegetables (Zucchini, peas, and brussel sprouts)

9. Kailyn Member Member

I use NLS and Kensfish pellets for dry food. I feed peas once a week and I also hatch my own brine shrimp. I feed some live and freeze the rest.

10. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Hikari beef-heart and bloodworms
    "California Freeze-dried Black-worms" freeze-dried products: freeze-dried black-worms with spirulina and beef-heart, discus bites, and algae wafers.
    New Life Spectrum Cichlid pellets

11. BettaPonic Well Known Member Member

I use Repashy breeding formula, Frozen Bloodworms and Brine shrimp. San Francisco Bay Brand Omnivore food.