What kind of fish are these? (Male and female?)

orangeclumsy1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
There are two fish in a display tank that were donated a while back at the store I work at and I don't know what they are! There are two of them and I think it's a male and a female because one is super colorful and fun and one is duller but they look similar in shape. The colorful one is smaller as well. Here are the pictures. Does anyone know what they are? They're in a 29 gallon tank with harlequin rasboras, platys, bloodfin tetras, neon tetras, glolite tetras, head and tail light tetras, a turquoise rainbow fish, and one redeye balloon tetra. I know it's overstocked but that's what I'm trying to fix. I'm taking out some stuff to sell and I'll add some more appropriate things to the tank. I just need to know what those fish are! Thanks so much!

Kindafishy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm not 100% on the less colorful one, but I think it is the female of the species.

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong. The females tend to be prety colorful, also, just with some alterations in the patterns of color.

orangeclumsy1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i think i just accidentally realized what they are by going through what we have written on tanks. I've come up with empire gudgeon goby.

EDIT: Actually only the dull one. The bright one seems to be a peacock.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom