Screenshot_20180504-144025.png
Screenshot_20180504-144025.png
Screenshot_20180504-144015.png
Screenshot_20180504-144208.png
Screenshot_20180504-144232.png
Screenshot_20180504-144208.png
Screenshot_20180504-144015.png
Screenshot_20180504-144232.png
This may belong in the Fish ID section but I figured it be best to ask the Cory folks. I purchased 4 Emerald Corys from Live Aquaria to go with my current school. And what I have gotten looks nothing like my Emeralds. They are almost solid grey and the dorsal fin has a dark strip running the length of it. I'm stumped on this, can't seem to find out what I have here. They are cute as heck and will be keeping them. I will post pics. Any help is appreciated.

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Haha that's kind of funny liveaquaria sucks at those kinds of things they also normally come with hitch hikers. They might not even be a cory.

Tropic Thunder

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Funny you should say that. I ordered Zebra Danios and got a 50/50 mix of Zebra and Leopards. They school together so no biggie, but it's not what I ordered! Also once I had a large order come in with 6 Albino Corys and received 8 Ember Tetras instead. Customer service is alway wonderful there. But that time the man I spoke with kept insisting that my fish "may not look identical to the picture on the site". I had to insist that it was not even in the catfish group, tetra are completely different!

beau

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
It's a bit hard to tell from these pictures, but it looks like an Emerald cory to me. Is it possible the ones you have currently are green cories, another variety of corydoras aeneus?

Tropic Thunder

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ill go take a pic with the Emeralds and these side by side. The mystery cats have no shimmer and are a solid color, all my others look like every other emerald I've ever seen.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks like a poor / thin / bit deformed C.splendens (Dorsal is quite different to the C.aeneus)

The other green ones are C.aeneus indeed.

Tropic Thunder

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I agree @DoubleDutch, about their poorly appearance. I ordered 4, one was DOA and appeared very sunken in on its sides and a bent spine, the second made it 2 days and was also quite sunken in and had the crooked spine. The remaining 2 are very active and seem to be thriving.
Well, I have 2 more coming tomorrow from Live Aquaria, I'm interested to see what I get this time! LOL

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tropic Thunder said:
I agree @DoubleDutch, about their poorly appearance. I ordered 4, one was DOA and appeared very sunken in on its sides and a bent spine, the second made it 2 days and was also quite sunken in and had the crooked spine. The remaining 2 are very active and seem to be thriving.
Well, I have 2 more coming tomorrow from Live Aquaria, I'm interested to see what I get this time! LOL
Ahhhh okay. Looks as if they've been on a wrong diet for some time

Tropic Thunder

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
DoubleDutch said:
Ahhhh okay. Looks as if they've been on a wrong diet for some time
They are on a diet of various foods now, blood worms, sinking pellets, krill, baby shrimp, leftover crisps with algae and krill meal. They're quite happy.

I received my other 2 Corys from Live Aquaria today.... both DOA looking sunk in and poor as heck. Bummer. All my Tiger and Zebra snails and Danios look great tho.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom