What Kind Of Cory Is This?

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by The Aquarist, Apr 17, 2017.

1. T

The Aquarist New Member Member

Bought these at the LFS but I cant remeber their name. When I went back there was no more and Im looking for more. Any help would be great 20170415_141643.jpg

2. Tyler Fishman

Tyler Fishman Valued Member Member

That is not a corydoras it is a catfish of the Sydontis Sp. I am not an expert on them though. You'll have to poke around the internet and find out the exact species of Sydontis

3. meyowmeow

meyowmeow Valued Member Member

:( no idea

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  4. Al913

Al913 Fishlore VIP Member

I suggest you search up "spotted cories"

5. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Definitely some sort of Synodontis, they can be hard to identify as young because the color pattern is often different from adults. I'd be careful about how many you get, as some species can grow quite large, and many tend to be solitary fish rather than shoaling.

6. Al913

Al913 Fishlore VIP Member

7. OP
    OP
    T

@chromedome52 @Tyler Fishman you guys are right I think I was mis lead by the LFS. I will be returning 2 of them ( If i can catch them) and getting some corys like I wanted to start with. Probably some panda corys, any suggestions?

8. meyowmeow

meyowmeow Valued Member Member

My mistake - thanks so much

9. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Get more than 2 !

10. OP
    OP
    T

Well I was able to swap out the 3 synodontis for 6 corys (julli) They look happy so far. Thanks all!! 20170418_173531.jpg

11. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Great catch / swap. Probably trilineatus sold as julii all over the world.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice