What kind of Cory is this?

1. nhaiflich Member Member

I went and bought 6 julii (though think they are false ones but who cares they're cute!) They are in quarantine right now. They will be on sand so please disregard the gravel in pic. Well I ended up with 5 of the julii and an unknown. Can anyone id it? I went back to store and they didn't have more like him. Want to get him friends but can't till figure out what he is. Also will the other 5 be ok or should I get 1 more of them to make it 6 again? Thanks in advance. First pic is of unknown. Just put a few of others because

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Trilineatus, most corys you see in Lfs labelled as Julii are trilineatus.
    The first pic looks like it could be a sterbai, can you get a better shot of it?

3. Watehobit Member Member

I'm pretty sure those are all Trilies.

4. nhaiflich Member Member

Don't know if these are any better but I'll keep trying. He wouldn't stop moving! Heehee. He looks so different than the others thought for sure he's something different. Eyes are even a different color than others...

Attached Files:

5. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Looks like a sterbai to me, are the edges of his pectoral fins orangey?

6. nhaiflich Member Member

Due to the color of the gravel I can't really tell my eyesight isn't that great either. But is it possible it's a corydora haroldshultzi? I've been doing a bit of research and read that sterbai have a dark body color with white spots. Haroldshultzi has light body with dark spots almost reticulated. He is also really little compared to others. Could he get more coloration as he gets bigger? I just feel so bad for him. He doesn't really shoal with the others and has been playing with his reflection

7. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

8. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Think is Haraldschultzi. Nice Corys Think they are a bit thin. Try to fatten them up a bit (protein). Think they have been on a bad diet at the LFS!! Are you going to change substrate? Cheers Aad

9. nhaiflich Member Member

Coradee he was at Petco! Going to check others by me to see if they have any. He was in with the trilies. I also thought his nose was long. DoubleDutch yes they will be on sand. In qt right now. Only had for 3 days.
    Almost forgot about other question in original post. Will the 5 trilies be ok or get one more?

10. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

The Trilis will be okay. If you're going to buy new ones buy companions for the other or swap it for another Trili.
    Though nice ones, they also should be with the same species !!!

11. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I agree with DoubleDutch, either get more Haralds if you have the tank space or swap him for another Trili

12. nhaiflich Member Member

I just looked quick online and thinking I may have a problem finding more unless the other Petco has any. Found 4 on eBay for almost $90 with shipping. That's a bit out of my reach right now. So I'll check the other stores today and if can't find will swap for another trili.

13. nhaiflich Member Member

Thanks for your guys help!!!!