what kind of cories?

Manicivy

Valued Member
Reaction score
I just got 4 new cories, they are grey with black splotches (not spots!) all over their body. I forgot what name my lfs said they were :-\ and I cant get back to check till next week (when I go for otos that I have been waiting months for!) Any ideas? thanks

obusweetT

Reaction score
Ok, first bear in mind that I am color blind so my fish may not be the color I think they are . Those sound like peppered cories... of course I could be way off.
If I'm wrong feel free to mock me

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah my first thought was C. paleatus too (sorry, Peppered Cory, for some reason I always refer to Cories by their latin name...). But there are probably a million Cories they could be. Is a pic possible?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They do sound like Peppered Cories. My Peppered Cory is pictured below, not a good picture but an example.

Rose

Manicivy

Valued Member
Reaction score
ah yes, THATS what they were, peppered cories. The store only listed the latin name i recognized the paleatus (= thanks everyone! cute little guys! they are pretty small right now, like the size of an adult panda, will they get bigger?

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
They'll grow a little bigger. You probably got a youger one, and they will grow once they eat consistently and develop. Mine is starting to grow. From the time I bought him from my lfs, he had pretty much added about 1/4 his body weight, so they do get bigger.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom