What Kind Of Convicts Are These??? Question

1. FishGirl38

FishGirl38 Valued Member Member

Hi all, I bought a pair of convicts about 7months ago and they've been prolific breeders. I have about 12 fry in a 10gal that I've been trying to 'grow out..' (the 20L grow tank is occupado....).

They're separated from the 20L brood because I noticed when they were very young that their color is much different than their parents. I'm assuming the parents both having Bb genes, allowing for about 25% of their brood to be recessive. My parents aren't 'regular/true' convicts either. I wanted to save these ones because they're different.

I was wondering if these would be considered marble convicts (i don't think so..) or maybe they're a closer rendition of the 'true' black and white convict. (my parents/broods are mostly black and blue/grey). Idk, just wondering if anyone has seen convicts like these and what they might've been called.

Attached Files:

2. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Those are not Marble Convicts, but they do look like they have some Honduran Red Point blood in them. Not pure, probably from hybridization in the ancestry.