What Kind Of Betta?

Billy T

Valued Member
Reaction score
I got my girl from Petco in a baby girl cup, I’ve heard her 2 months now and was wondering if anyone could tell which type by any chance? It’s probably too early or I might need a better pic but here she is....
9B4766C1-CD64-4038-BF72-C1E2A78D9685.jpeg

all-out-fallout

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Is her tail bent/angled away in that picture? If it were rounded at the end I’d be tempted to guess veil tail, but if the tail isn’t bent and it’s triangular I’m not sure. If she gets big she might be a plakat.

She’s a pretty gal!

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sorry, I cannot judge from the photo!
Can you get another one, closer up on her?

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Need a better pic where the fish is holding still and the fins are erect. Judging from the coloration and general fin shape I'd almost guess a plakat. You can often find "natural colored"plakat betta splenden females a dime a dozen. I've got one and then her several daughters that have the same basic coloration. You won't find many female plakats that stray from the normal coloration of red w/ metallic high lights, the occasional koi female but that's about it unless you buy online.

Billy T

Valued Member
Reaction score
It’s a little bent in the pic, I may have another one or I’ll post one when I get a chance. But Thank You seems she’s starting to grow big time

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom