What kind of betta? and a snail question

windymeadow

Reaction score
Hello friends. Anybody know what kind of Betta Joe Cool is? He is red and blue, I hope I got the picture on here. Don't be sad about him being in a vase, because this is an older picture and he isn't in there any more. Also I hope you don't mind my asking this on the wrong forum, but do snails need snail food? I want to get one for the new tank and I don't know a thing about them. Isn't he purty?

divakeeks

Reaction score
I believe that Joe Cool would be a veil tail ... He looks a lot like my Van.

As far as the snails go, I'm not sure. I feed mine algae wafers and they seem fine with that and the algae in the tank. However, there are other more experienced members on this forum that can tell you more!

Btw, please tell Joe Cool that he is VERY handsome!! And, welcome!!!!

Phloxface

Well Known
Reaction score
He's a Veiltail. He's lovely! I'm glad he has a tank now.
Snails eat mostly algae so if you want it to clean your tank don't feed him too much or he gets lazy. Every second day you can give him a half piece of an algae wafer (place it right in front of him or the Betta will steal it) or a small chunk of zuchinnI (attach near bottom of tank with a veggie clip made for aquariums and remove after 12 hours so it won't foul the water) It's okay if your Betta nibbles on the zuchinni. Some feed cucumber too but it will make your water smell terrible. You can feed spinach too but it will make him grow huge and the bigger they are the more they poop! Watch your Nitrate levels! Snails of any size poop a lot and dirty the water. Do extra gravel vacs and water changes to keep Nitrate and bacteria down.

cherryrose

Well Known
Reaction score
8) Joe Cool is a very cool fish! He is very handsome and has a name that really fits him.

CherryRose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Very handsome Betta!
With snails you just want to vary their diet...pellets, algae wafers, veggies, etc. While they do eat some algae, they can't live on this alone and need to be fed their own food. They don't need special "snail food" or anything, regular sinking fish food works fine.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What a beautiful Veiltail! He is definitely unique and has beautiful markings.

The snail is not a snail I am familiar with but will do will with any algae wafer.

Rose

New Threads